What should you do when your Des Moines home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family – against the multitude of risks you could face, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Des Moines home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often startling, disorienting, and might cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Des Moines Triggers
It’s a circumstance no one wants to be in, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. Now what is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to manage the emergency on your own instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your family. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. In the event of a break-in, this might mean proceeding to a predetermined safe room as far from access points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately deterred the invader, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a fire, you need to leave your home without delay.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. In this day and age, the majority of individuals carry their cell phones constantly with them, but you could neglect to take it during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and obtain updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Des Moines goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The procedure they adhere to depends on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, if a medical emergency is initiated, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you have an intrusion - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring professional will adhere to these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you through the command hub. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort is not successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again once the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to communicate with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be deployed even when you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Des Moines
Get prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Des Moines from Vivint. Dial (515) 972-5232 to start customizing your property’s security today.