Is it smart to use an indoor camera as a baby monitor in Des Moines?
Your new nursery is nearly set for your precious little one. You spent quite a bit of time building the cradle, decorating the walls, and setting up the changing station.You even included the finishing touch of some stuffed animals on a shelf. But how are you planning to keep an eye on your baby? You can opt for the standard approach with a regular standalone device or take it a step further and employ the surveillance equipment at your disposal in your advanced home security system.
Although it might seem a bit unexpected to use an indoor camera for a baby monitor in Des Moines, it’s a great choice when you consider the advantages.
Smart home indoor cameras in Des Moines are perfect baby monitors
First and foremost, your indoor cameras are connected to your comprehensive smart home and reachable via an intuitive home security app. This offers you convenience and peace of mind as you are able to keep an eye on your child from anyplace via your smartphone or portable device. Here are a few more reasons why they are a preferred option:
- Live HD video: You’ll appreciate detailed, high-quality video of your child. You can even review recorded clips right from your cell phone.
- Bi-directional talk: Not only can you hear what’s happening, you may speak to your newborn right through your indoor camera. This is a nice tool to calm a an uneasy sleeper. Better yet, you may take advantage of the audio feature via your cell phone app, no matter where you are.
- Enhanced viewing: Your cameras will have a greater viewing angle than regular baby monitors. You won’t miss a thing.
- Motion-sensing with alerts: If your baby decides rest time is finished and is ready to get out of the bed, you are able to get motion-activated alerts delivered straight to your phone.
- One-press contact: Although this benefit is really for older children, it’s worth bringing up. With a single press of a button, your child can reach out to you through cell phone app.
Having your complete smart home reachable from a smartphone app is a tremendous benefit. If you notice that your baby is having an issue trying to sleep and think it may be a little warm in the nursery, you may adjust the temp on your smart thermostat. In the event they awaken, you can activate the room’s smart lights to notify them you’re on your way. Have another little one? You may use another indoor camera and get access to each of them with a lone home security app.
Get Your Des Moines smart home with indoor cameras
Ready to use an indoor camera as a baby monitor? Create your own Des Moines smart home and benefit from the comfort and protection Vivint’s high-tech video cameras can provide. Dial (515) 972-5232 today and see how we can make your home a safer, more adaptable place for every member of your family.