Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Des Moines smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete control of your Des Moines home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it will help you and find suggestions to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Des Moines?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote operation via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View live or recorded video streams from any connected cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Des Moines by programming schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Des Moines
Even though various users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Des Moines home security system. Contact (515) 972-5232 to get started.